Sunday 14 April 2013

My Answer to the question "Who are you really"

Who Are You

 So i've been thinking about this question alot lately and its come up in conversation a few times and ive always found it hard to answer because it isnt a simple question.

When people ask me "who are you?" or "what kind of person are you?" I always get tongue tied and end up just shrugging my shoulders and sayin "idunno" simply because how the heck do you even answer that question?! Its not that I dont know myself or I dont know who I am. Its just that you cant just answer that like its a simple question.
 I feel that I, like most people really, have multiple personalities inside of myself. I like dark things, I also like cute things, I like to read horror novels, and then watch cute cartoons and anime. One day Ill wear all black with dark makeup and lots of gothic things, the next Ill wear pastels and pinks and lots of pretty stuff.
 And its not just taste in clothing or music that contrasts, my opinions change, the way I feel about myself and others around me will change and vary.
I am an ever changing and fluctuating human being. My personality is like water, it never really stays the same for long, and thats a good thing. People arent meant to stay the same theyr meant to grow and change. Sometimes it isnt that Im "changing" exactly, sometimes il even just have two completely opposing opinions on something at the same time. I can hate things and love them at the same time. Or I could like something and also like something thats the complete opposite of that at the same time.
Also I hate it when people say "Jam thats so not like you" and things like that, cause its like, what IS like me? what ISNT like me? everything and nothing.  Kinda like when people speak differently over the phone, or how they act differently online compared to real life, it changes, not intentionally, it just does.
I think its very simple of people to believe that you can only have one personality "type" otherwise ur being "fake" or ur "confused" about who you are.
By the time ive finished explaining to people who I "am" Im probably a completely different person by then.



... or maybe Im just indecisive.

No comments:

Post a Comment