Wednesday 17 April 2013

Cruelty Free Makeup Hunt

Cruelty Free Makeup :)

 

Okay so ovbiously I HATE animal cruelty. Its one of the few things that really gets my blood boiling.
So, because of that I decided that this year my new years resolution would be that I will replace all of my cosmetics with cruelty free products. So for now I am slowly using the last of my old products and when they run out I will find a cruelty free alternative. When I first, I guess, awakened to the idea that my products were being tested on animals I simply could not ignore it. It was frustrating because I had just found skin cleanser, foundation and makeup that was perfect for my skin and then I read a blog that pointed out that literally every company I purchased makeup from used animals to test on.

The products I was using were..

Garnier
Nivea
Maybeline
Rimmel London
and Covergirl

Usually I would ignore it and keep using whatever brand I wanted but when it came to animal testing I couldnt ignore it so then came the decision to replace everything with cruelty free brands. There are, surprisingly, alot of really awesome cosmetic companys who dont test on animals, but going cruelty free really limits what brands you can use. I am only about half way to replacing my stuff. Im still just using up whats left of my old cosmetics, dont wanna waste yknow.

The problem is finding out what products really are cruelty free. I tried just googling different products and finding info over the net but every website gives you a different story. There are alot of reliable sites that give you lists of brands that are cruely free, but most of them ive never heard of, or theyre abit out of my price range.

Also another thing is that some companies are owned by parent companies that do test on animals. So one company will have a cruelty free sticker but also be owned by a company that tests on animals. So your money goes to an animal testing company anyway! And pretty much every brand ive researched has come up with some people saying theyre cruelty free, some people saying they arent, and some people saying THEY dont test on animals but theyre parent company does. Its all so confusing! So im just going to try my best to keep as much of my makeup bag free of animal testing.

And then when I ask if anyone knows of any good cruelty free products, people tell me its stupid to go cruelty free cause apparently scientists already know what kind of chemicals do what to skin, hair, eyes ect. So animal testing is only mild stuff just to see how the products make hair look and stuff. But why would they need animals for that?? If they know what it does, why dont they test it on themselves?

In my mind the only way to know that no animal is being harmed for my vanity is to know that they arent being tested on AT ALL. I cant possibly know how well they are being treated or if theyr being harmed. Even if the testers do treat them well, they may even treat them better than if they were left in the wild, I cant know that for sure. So I can only try not to use animal tested products.

Id love to make a list of what brands I have found that are cruelty free but ive seen so many lists like that already and alot of people get bitched out for not knowing that a particular company is not accually cruelty free like they claim to be and I am still not %100 sure if all the products ive found are truly cruelty free.

Sooo... if anyone knows of any awesome cruelty free products please do tell me! Thank you~!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment